Normandale Hills PTA
The Normandale Hills Elementary PTA is an enthusiastic group of parents and staff that focuses on enriching every student's elementary experience. The PTA's Mission is to promote open communication and understanding between parents and staff of the Normandale Hills Elementary School. Our efforts serve to enhance and maximize the education of every child while aiding them in achieving their highest potential. Families can also be involved in the classroom and school- see the PTA website for more information about upcoming events and volunteering opportunities.
- Sept. 10, 2019
- Oct. 1, 2019
- November - No meeting due to national election
- December - No meeting
- Jan. 7, 2020
- Feb. 4, 2020
- March 3, 2020
- April 7, 2020
- May 5, 2020
- May TBD - Volunteer Appreciation Event
The Moose is Loose at Normandale Hills!
We're partnering on our fall fundraiser with Droolin’ Moose Gourmet Chocolates - yum!
Packets will go out in brown envelopes.
- Sell Droolin’ Moose Chocolates!
- Sales will run Oct. 21 – 30.
- All forms and payments are due to school by Oct. 30.
- Items will be delivered to school Nov. 14.
- Please fill in the front cover of the order form with student name, teacher, phone and email so we can make sure you receive your orders.
- Don’t forget to return your prize form.
- Direct Donation: If you don’t want to sell, we understand but would still love your support. Donations of any amount are accepted and appreciated.
PTA Fundraising and Events
- Set the example: Let children see you read.
- Have a collection of books in your home. Update this collection routinely to keep up with changing tastes and reading skills.
- Support our school’s Book Fair. Allow your children to choose their own books to read.
Our Scholastic Book Fair is a reading event that brings the books kids want to read right into our school, providing a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for every reading level. This is a great opportunity to buy gifts, stock up your home libraries or help build classroom libraries and support your teachers.
Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child’s reading habits.
Two new shopping options!
Book Fair eWallet is a safe and convenient digital payment option for your student to shop the Fair cash-free. We’ve partnered with the Scholastic Store to offer more than 6,000 products that ship direct to home (with free shipping on book-only orders of $25 or more)!
What's in it for Normandale Hills Elementary?
The Read-A-Thon (RAT) is Normandale Hill’s biggest fundraiser. It funds many of our exciting programs like field trip assistance, Festival of Learning and classroom supplies.
More importantly, it focuses on reading! The goal is to increase your student’s proficiency and love of reading. Students read as much as they can during a two-week period and log all of their minutes read. Students also ask for donations to support their reading.